Re: Aicas again

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: Aicas again
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:53:40 +0100

Hi there,

> But in general, I do not appreciate what Aicas has been doing nor do
> I find it valuable. All I see this work doing is making Classpath's
> native implementation of things less and less maintainable, with a
> benefit that is utterly unclear to me.

> I vote that they stop changing the native libraries of Classpath
> immediately,

Aye. We will do so. Please feel free to revert the native code to the
state of the 0.20 release.

I and Aicas really don't want to discuss all this again. This was an
attempt to improve the situation a bit by providing the posix layer,
which was worked out with respect to suggestions that were made in the
last discussion about that one year ago. All this costs a *lot* of time
and if that is not valuable to Classpath we can plug ourselves out and
do our thing on the VM interface level.

/Roman