debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:29:50 +0100

Soon-Son Kwon wrote:

> Hello, I managed to install sf package on my sid box
> but not sure if ldap stuff installed successfully.
>
> Here is the steps that I followed.
>
> 1. install sourceforge from dselect
> 2. installation exits with error in ldap
> 3. comment out install-ldap.sh from /var/lib/dpkg/info/sourceforge.postinst
> 4. run dselect and install the broken sf package again
> 5. installation finishes without error because I skip install-ldap.sh
> by step 4. :-P
> 6. run /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh configure manually.

Quite strange, because you execute the same thing
can you give me the result of echo $?
just after you install-ldap.sh ?

> When doing step 6, the script showed me some debugging message(?)
> but I couldn't see any error-like message.
>
> If you encounter error while installing sf, I'd recommend to
> follow the above steps(especially step 3).
> By doing so, you will focus on ldap without caring for
> the other stuffs.
>
> Right now I can do the following:
> I can see the main webpage
> I can login via admin account
> I can subscribe to sf as a normal user
>
> Here is the output when doing install-ldap.sh configure after running
> install-ldap.sh purge
>
> Could anyone please let me know how to check if the ldap
> installed correctly?

Seeing your log ldap sems to work, install-ldap is testing thin
intensively
One more thing is to check libnss-ldap went ok too
This is quite easy, create a user, a project
wait for hourly cron or run
/usr/lib/sourceforge/update-user-group-cvs.sh manually as root
then su -s /bin/sh - <user_name>
if you get the shell it's ok, just ckeck that the user is in the right
groups
with id -a, there should be the goup of the project he created :)

Cheers

Christian

--
Christian Bayle