[Demexp-dev] Succesful compilation of DemExp under Win32/Cygwin

From: GISQUET Christophe
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Succesful compilation of DemExp under Win32/Cygwin
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:28:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

(please Cc: me on this thread, as I'm not suscribed)
as the title says, I managed to compile DemExp 0.3 (non-CDuce) under Cygwin/Windows. MinGW still fails, and will continue to, I believe. See http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/newdemexp.txt for the building environment setup.

And it does run correctly:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/itsalive.jpg (213K)
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/itsalive2.png

And now the icing on the cake. A ready-to-use-lets-ship installer based on NSIS (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/) is available here:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/DemExp-0.3.exe (3.1MB)

You can see the installation process with these 7 shots:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/Install[0-6].jpg

The script (fairly simple, all the more since it was adapted) to build this installer is available here:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/DemExp.nsi
with a description here:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/Nsis.txt

As a side note, a part of the runtime could be provided through GTK+ 2.0 standalone installer, provided with the Win32 setup of The Gimp:
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
For some reason, I was able to run it as a standalone only once (meanwhile I played around with several installs and uninstalls): although the dlls are in the path, the runtime linking was failing (dll not found) if the dlls weren't in the same folder as the DemExp binary. As a reference, for the daring ones that would want to try with the GTK+ 2.0 standalone installer:
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/DemExp-standalone-0.3.exe (1.79MB)
http://christophe.gisquet.free.fr/DemExp-standalone.nsi

While I don't want to be the Win32 maintainer, I do want to provide the official one sufficient information and 'training' to manage this on his/her own.

I hope this will be accepted as an excuse for the noise/pollution over the DemExp server on tuxinette as a result of the pleasure, that I couldn't help but express, of being succesfull. ;-)

Regards,
--
Christophe GISQUET
Hello! This is a signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature