Re: [Demexp-dev] demexp web 2.0 compliance

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] demexp web 2.0 compliance
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:33:34 +0200

Hi Christophe,

GISQUET Christophe <address@hidden> writes:

> I still wanted to reduce that shortcoming in the Demexp™ client, and
> here is my solution: adding an Web2.0™-empowered icon to the
> Demexp™ client that should emphasize the synergistical collaboration
> that was used as a paradigm in the meta-service delivery to the
> consumer^W voter.

:-D Do you want to be part of our marketing team? ;-)

> It still needs improvements, more precisely:
> - it is mostly a win32 thingie
> - it falls several hundred euros short of being Web2.0™-compliant, as
> this icon was made with The Gimp and not some purse-chop software (I'm
> starting to ache from typing ™ so no further name calling)
> - it hasn't been yet the reason for delaying several months the 0.8
> release

*I* am the reason for the 0.8 release delay! :-)

> - there has still been no meeting to discuss the font width to use
>
> nota: the win32 binary really has an icon now, and that's all it was about.

In fact:

 * The icon is colorful and nice;

 * I like the idea of having distinct graphical layout for the official
   and demo server. So your icon could be used for the demo server.

Regarding your patch:

 * I would prefer putting the icon into the misc/ directory, alongside
   the "official" demexp logo (demexp.xpm). In fact, I would like to
   have both your icon and the official one on Unix and Win32 platform;

 * Could you rename demexp.ico into demexp-demo.ico?

 * I would prefer that you rename gtk2-clnt/demexp.o into
   gtk2-clnt/demexp-info.o or something like that;

 * Shouldn't we put the demexp.rc into the win32/ directory? And rename
   it demexp-info.rc (to be coherent with previous remark)?

 * At mid term, it would be nice to generate content of demexp.rc from
   content of demexp.nsi or another external file, in order to have a
   coherent numbering scheme and other application info.

Could you resubmit a patch? I could do it myself but I can't check that
it works. If no let me know and I'll make the modifications myself.

BTW, do you use Mercurial? If yes, it is quite easy to export a set of
patches and their comments with "hg export" command.

So many remarks for a single icon! ;-)

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A