[Denemo-devel] Release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Release
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:01:10 +0000

The email from Eivind underlines the urgent need for a release. I
suggest we release on Savannah while we wait for Adam to re-appear. If
Adam is not returning we will need to apply to Sourceforge to get access
there.
For the release we need the documentation updating and a tarball from
CVS making and putting in the appropriate place (with some signature
jiggery-pokery).
Do you, Jeremiah have time to sort out the latter while I write the
documentation? Can we aim at a release this week with only showstopper
bugs being fixed meanwhile?
As soon as this is done I have the LilyPond editing stuff in reasonable
shape: in the course of using it I have realized that it will be of use
even for those who will never want to look at the LilyPond language, as
by using a template they will be able to write a score for Piano (with
the GrandStaff construct) purely in Denemo, without ever touching the
LilyPond text. I have already used it to generate a vocal part with
several verses underneath the notes - something impossible in Denemo at
present.