Re: [Denemo-devel] Editable guitar fingerings and staff prologs

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Editable guitar fingerings and staff prologs
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:42:11 +0100

Something that needs fixing with this is the you cannot enter the guitar
fingerings entirely from the keyboard, because the lilydirectives.c is
not cloned from the other similar ones (lyrics.c figures.c fakechords.c)
and the Enter key does not dismiss the dialog as it does with those
others. I had a go at fixing this, and thought I had succeeded but
didn't. The obvious thing to do is re-clone it. This has the advantage
of making the code base more uniform.
On doing this it could be made to advance to the next note in chord or
next chord as appropriate, which then gives you continuous entry of
guitar fingerings.
The next step for all of these is to dispense with the dialog box and
display the fingerings as they are typed in. I suspect this might
require clipping the re-draw area given the current speed of typical
machines though.
Richard