Re: [Denemo-devel] Release Version Freeze

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release Version Freeze
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:40:19 +0000

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 14:27 +0100, Nils wrote:
> A release candidate can be found here: Please test Linux and Windows builds.
>
> http://ssh.nilsgey.de/denemo-0.8.12-0.mingw.exe

This is, of course a windows binary installer, for linux use overnight
tarball (?).
I have downloaded the windows binary on a laptop running vista. I had to
set the value 22050 in MainMenu->Edit->Change
Preferences->Fluidsynth->Sample Rate in order to get acceptable sound
output.
MIDI in worked out of the box, as indeed, did everything else I tried. I
noticed that the MIDI control of tempo set up by the Directives->Tempo
script is wrong - it creates a series of directives, which will not
work, the main directive giving the print out is ok though. I expect
this is a general bug, requiring a d-CursorLeft in the script - or one
of the new directive creation calls before filling in values. This can
be fixed with a downloadable script change, though on Windows there is
no automatic installation of such updates:( I wonder if someone could
describe the windows procedure for downloading
denemo.org/downloads/actions to $HOME\.denemo\downloads or whatever it
is exactly? So that the more savvy windows users with an ftp gui say
could do it?)

A big thank you to Nils for this build. Please be prompt if you find
serious problems that need to be fixed, as it will get very difficult to
fix them later.