Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:29:38 +0000

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 18:10 +0100, Till Hartamnn wrote:
> I haven't read recent denemo-mailinglist-mails thoroughly, but:
> for gnome it is "gnome-open filename.extension", for Windows I think
> it
> was "start filename.extension", on Mac it might be "open
> filename.extension" (which also exists on most/all linux
> distributions,
> but "open" will try to find an application able to open the final
> inside
> the terminal).
> I hope that is at least of some help to you.

Thanks for this. I have tried
start denemoprint.pdf

on a windows vista box and it works. And, in fact,

start denemoprint.ly

successfully ran lilypond on the file.

On my Debian default setup, open failed with:

Could not get a file descriptor referring to the console

which is presumably the problem you are referring to. The gnome-open
command worked.

How should we make use of this? One of the wrinkles is that on windows
if the viewer is not closed the file it is viewing cannot be re-written,
so subsequent print attempts fail.