Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.8.16 - Gub Status

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 0.8.16 - Gub Status
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:45:10 +0100

Gub Status:

Test System is my Windows XP in a Virtual Maschine. This maschine has a state
where firefox is installed and nothing else and I work in a "snapshot-mode",
that means changes are not written to the installation but only to RAM/temp
files and when I shut down or restart the VM the initial state is restored.
This is the perfect enviroment to test the Windows build of Denemo.

-Dir is now called "Denemo" instead "GNU_Denemo"
-Works and installs as 0.8.16 (not 0.0.0-0)
-No font is installed at all. Denemo does use all its fonts alone.
-Lilypond does not get installed systemwide anymore so Denemo just uses its own
version
-Error: However this leads to serious problems with lilypond because it does
not know its own path anymore.
-Warning: This is still Lilypond Unstable 2.13. I have to try again get 2.12 to
build with Gub.

-> Anything except pdf export works out of the box in Windows Denemo now. Every
font is visible, zoom works, playback works. All without restarting.

Sidenote:
Gub for Darwin has done a big step in the right direction. Everything compiles
and I get an OSX App bundle (a single container file which contains anything
Denemo needs) which actually tries to start. But it has path problems, too. But
I only work on this when I get bored because its nearly impossible to test for
me, after all I have no Mac OSX version for myself :)
Next step here would be to manually rearrange and copy the files to get a
working setup and then either insert a few #IFDEF in Denemo or tweak the gub
installer to copy and move the files around.

Nils