Re: [Denemo-devel] OSX build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] OSX build
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:01:49 +0100

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 23:56 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> I am one step closer to the osx build.
>
> But Denemo does not start yet, I think the paths are wrong.
>
> At which points is decided what paths Denemo looks in? Is it possible that we
> add local paths for osx? Most important Denemo does not find share, even if
> other executables (like fluidsynth or guile standalone on the commandline)
> find it.
>
> And I think Denemo influences GUILE and its path.
> If I run the Gub-build Guile refuses to start because it can't find ice-9.
> After copying lib/ and share/ around on osx I get fluidsynth  and guile to
> work but once I start Denemo it does not start because Guile can't find ice-9
> again.
>
> This is all very shallow diagnostics because I seems my osx misses the tools
> to check executables and their paths.
>
> But if you could provide me with more info regarding Denemo paths in Linux
> and Window
Short Answer: the top level oarts of the build system are setting values
for paths from constant values in the C code - these include
SYSCONFDIR
LOCALEDIR
PKGDATADIR
PKGNAME
...(others?)
and ENABLE_BINRELOC

These are then ignored by Windows and instead glib is used
via g_win32_get_package_installation_directory().

These constant values will be appearing on the compile command line as
-D SYSCONFDIR=/usr/....
etc....

I have been digging around here. It appears that the presence of
binreloc.c in our sources is misleading, since we have ENABLE_BINRELOC
set false in our build.

My guess is that the changes required are to the top level build
invocation/files so as to set SYSCONFDIR and friends to good values.
Jeremiah, are you able to help with this?

Richard