Re: [Denemo-devel] A Transformation of how Denemo is perceived.

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A Transformation of how Denemo is perceived.
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:25:20 +0200

Hi,

in principle, a regular update of the preview is a nice thing. But for
continuous live-compilation with lilypond at least my computers (a
netbook bought this year and a desktop a few years old) are way too
slow, judging from how long it takes to update the preview. The question
is, what hardware is the average user assumed to have? I would suggest a
setting for the time interval in which the compilation is triggered.
Also, on the insertion of certain elements (e.g. start of a beam or
slur) necessarily an error will occur until the finishing element is
set. One has to think of how to deal with that.

Regarding the edition of lilypond code, I think this is one of the most
useful things, as there are situations where one has to go beyond the
direct features of Denemo.

Andreas