Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:33:10 +0100

On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 09:01 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I don't know why this is only effecting the Mac build of denemo... Something
> seems to be getting out of sync. Denemo is finding and executing lilypond
> correcty and evince is loading pdf's correctly. What I see is that if I hit
> ctrl-p p,
Have you got continuous typesetting turned on? (If you delete the print
view window it will be off, but set Continuous to manual anyway).

> the progress bar pops up and just flashes back and forth for a very long
> time. The console says loop  loop loop etc...
This is the score-checking command that is being run - you can use the
(d-Print) routine (IIRC) to access the primitive print routine without
any checking first.

>  but then I get a popup saying that there is a print in progress asking me if
> I want to kill the print job.
this is what happens with Continuous set if you then do a Print
command...
>  I am seeing pdf's in the /tmp/Denemoxxx dir. Unfortunately they are not the
> same name.
Two names denemoprintA.pdf and denemoprintB.pdf are used on alternate
lilypond runs, to avoid file locking trouble.

>  I saw a denemoprintA.pdf or something like that in the temp dir and denemo
> was complaining about the denomoprintB.pdf not being found.
That's ok, nothing deletes denemoprintA.pdf when LilyPond is running and
generating the B version.

>  I copied the lilypath from the preferences just to make sure it was working
> and I pasted it at the command line to render the .ly files in temp. It
> succedded. I then clicked refresh in the printview and it loaded the pdf
> correctly. I am not sure how this is happening but it seems somehow stuff is
> getting out of sync here.
perhaps this is all just confusion caused by manually starting print
while continuous is set. Maybe we need to detect this and prevent the
confusion?