Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:54:42 +0100

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 14:24 +0000, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 4/24/13, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> No, Its the progressbar pop-up.
> >
> > Well, dismissing that aborts the waiting for the LilyPond process to
> > signal it has finished IIRC. Do you have top or some other tool for
> > looking at what the processes are doing?
>
> Ok. I ran it using ctrl-p p to get the printview. The top program is
> the bsd top (I believe) so it is a little different. Here is what it
> says:
>
> PID  COMMAND      %CPU      TIME     #TH  #WQ  #POR #MRE RPRVT  RSHRD
> RSIZE  VPRVT  VSIZE  PGRP PPID STATE    UID  FAULTS  COW   MSGSENT
> 197- lilypond     0.0       00:03.39 1    0    19   425  42M    50M
> 52M    101M   756M   181  191  sleeping 501  13585   798   740
>
> So that means that lilypond is idle but has not exited properly. Is
> this then a lilypond bug? Now I closed the progressbar pop-up and I
> see in the printview what I was trying to "print". Maybe I should try
> a different version of lilypond 2.17.x or something. It currently has
> 2.16.2. Perhaps it was the upgrade from 2.13 that caused this.

Are you using LilyPond from the Denemo installation or one from a
LilyPond installer or one that is installed from your distribution?

2.16.2 is working fine for me (installed in my home directory using the
LilyPond installer). Which reminds me to try pointing the GNU/Linux
binary to that version of LilyPond ... I'll return to the other thread
to report on that.

Richard