Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants

From: T. R. Valentine
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 17:54:27 -0500

On 16 April 2016 at 14:35, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 12:58 -0500, T. R. Valentine wrote:
>> >
>> > Which version do you have? Version 2.0.6 is just out and the latest
>> > manual is always at
>> > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/denemomanual.pdf;hb=HEAD
>>
>> When I tried to install the latest version, it hung up — a long list
>> of 'flyidsynth: error: Synthesis event queue full' in the terminal
>> window and it just stayed there.
>
> We simply *must* fix this first! By "the latest" version did you mean a
> binary executable (32-bit) from the Downloads page of denemo.org?

If I clean everything out and launch the 'A binary package is
available that does not require root permissions to run' from the
Downloads page, I can get something to launch (v 2.0.6), but it
doesn't save any settings, the playback doesn't produce sound, and I
have to run the shell each time.

If I clean everything out and install the deb files from Andreas
Schneider, Synaptic Package Manager reports Denemo as broken. And it
can't be started. Synaptic Package Manager's solution to fixing it is
to install the old version of LilyPond and uninstall Denemo.

I've installed the latest LilyPond and then tried installing Denemo
from the deb files from Andreas Schneider, but the results were the
same.

I've installed from deb files before (typically uninstall Mint version
of Firefox, LibreOffice, etc. and install the latest from the
respective websites).

<snip> - an impressive list of enhancements, which makes me want the
latest version all the more! :-)

Your later message:
> But, all this depends on getting Denemo working on your machine ...
> there is no earthly reason fludisynth should be complaining about a full
> queue, as nothing has been output until you try to play back...

Is there something I can do to clean/eradicate the queue before
another attempt to install?

I really appreciate all this help.

--
T. R. Valentine