Re: [Denemo-devel] cadenza questions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] cadenza questions
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 07:29:25 +0100

On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 15:28 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I'm trying to create an introduction to a piece for voice and harp that has
> no time signature (based on traditional western chant).
>
> I begin the piece with 'Start Cadenza Time',
> I add the proportional rest spacers between the voice and harp,
> I then 'End Cadenza Time' at the end of the free rhythm.
>
> One of the problems is that denemo automatically places the subsequent
> 4/4 time AT THE BEGINNING of the piece.

Using View->Command Center
I started typing Hide time signature and only got as far as "hide tim"
when it found this:

Command: (Print) Hide
On printing, omit the time signature change at the cursor, or the
initial time signature if the cursor is not on a time signature change.
Location: ObjectMenu->TimeSig
Internal Name: HideTimesig

So I put the cursor at the start of the piece and executed Time
Signature->(Print) Hide and it hid the initial time signature.

> I can't figure out how to 'place' the 'End Cadenza Time' at the end of the
> cadenza.

The tooltip is rather terse, it does not say that the End Candenza Time
mark is entered at the cursor position. I've submitted a bug report
about that - thank you!

> Am I doing something wrong here?
>
> The other problem is that the view menu
???
view menu = Denemo Display

or Print View ...

>  in denemo does not extend (or
> scroll) during the cadenza. I have to change views via the escape key,
> place my cursor, go back to the main edit screen
you can edit in any of the three views of the Denemo Display, though the
page view is usually zoomed rather small.