Re: [Denemo-devel] How to translate Denemo to Portuguese ?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] How to translate Denemo to Portuguese ?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:05:57 +0000

I've created a Spanish Translation:

http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip

for the Windows version.

This is in the git source repository now.
It was partly created using Google Translate, and so will have errors -
the first one I noticed was that "File" was translated as "Expediente"
not as "Archivo". I have avoided a whole slew of this sort of error via
a special glossary (so Staff is not "bastone" or "personal" but
pentagramma etc) however if you are a Spanish-speaker and can point out
others that might cause serious difficulty please let me know. I won't
be able to re-write whole sentences or anything like that - if you feel
able to do this then please join translationproject.org as Spanish
translator for Denemo and submit hand-crafted improvements for the
translation.
I have a whole set of helper programs to achieve this translation,
which I'll publish as soon as they are tidied up. I'm now in a position
to create other translations fairly easily (the most arduous task is
creating the glossary by consulting
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/music-glossary/index
to get the musical terms and searching for computer-related terms). So
if you know of someone who is struggling to cope with the English
version please say.

Richard