[Denemo-devel] Adding extra staffs to an existing denemo file.

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Adding extra staffs to an existing denemo file.
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 16:40:30 +0100

Hi Richard,

(There is no hurry - I am going away for a week tomorrow!)

I have a lot of files with 5 staffs, to provide music for a young sax player.

Structure:

1    Chord Staff

2    Original music (with lyrics)

3    (Hidden) Staff with copy/pasted notes from Staff 2, edited to cope with music below Eb

4    Borrowed music from Staff 3

5    Borrowed music from Staff 3 Chord staff - gives note names below Staff 4.

I'd like to add 2 more for a Bb Clarinet

6     Borrowed music from 2 (there is not much church music going below Bb so don't need to edit)

7     Borrowed music from 2 but Chord Staff to give note names.

I can obviously do it file by file; I just thought it might be possible speed up the process, i.e. to merge the first with a second file with 3 staffs (one a dummy), already transposed and with chord names in a smaller font, then update the references to the correct staff (and delete the dummy).

Add a movement works, but Merge Movement is only interested in copying the notes and other stuff from the second staff into the first, matching the first staff in each, then the second. I thought Merge might have added the staffs on to the end. Have I missed something or would this be impossible?

Best wishes

Joe