Re: [Denemo-devel] Stem direction in voices

From: Jorge Ibarra
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Stem direction in voices
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 13:24:32 -0500

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Richard Shann
Enviado: miércoles, 4 de septiembre de 2019 02:58 a. m.
Para: Jorge Ibarra; address@hidden
Asunto: Re: [Denemo-devel] Stem direction in voices

On Tue, 2019-09-03 at 16:43 -0500, Jorge Ibarra wrote:

> Hi! I’m trying to change the stem direction for a voice and don’t

> know how to make it happen. I’m very new to Denemo.

> My problem is that the two voices in the bass clef clash when typeset

> (I’ve added screenshots for clarity).

You need this bit of the manual (*)

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/denemo-manual.html;hb=HEAD#toc-Subsubsection-3.6.3

In particular this bit:

"Voices will also normally be assigned to voice numbers 1,2,3,4 using

the Initial Voice commands in this menu (this controls the stemming,

slur positions etc). Voices can change their voice number during the

music – the commands for this are in the Directives->Typesetter->Voices

menu as they insert stem change objects in between the notes."

as it says, it's not just the stem direction, but other stuff (e.g.

ties up/down) that need setting.

Richard

(*) this online manual does not have access to the images, use the Fn1

to get the one installed with the program and search for "Voices"