dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] binary data type

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] binary data type
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:45:13 +0200

> From: stefan <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:14:37 +0200 (CEST)
>
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:
>
> > - `binary-concat' should be `binary-concat!' because it has a side
> >   effect on the binary argument.
>
> So all things having effect on the argument are suffixed by "!" ?

Yes. For example, `reverse' creates a complete newly allocated list,
whereas `reverse!' will modify the structure of an existing list to
produce the reversed list.  Also see `string-set!' or `vector-set!'.

> > - What about making the last argument to `binary-subset' an optional
> >   argument?  That would mean:
>
> Good idea, too. Also I would like it more (binary-subset start length)
> which would be more like the (substring) thingy.

Hum?  substring _is_ `substring str start end', not `substring str
start length'.  Or have I misunderstood you?

> Your help is welcome. Please do so.

OK.

'martin