Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang

From: Matthew Burnham
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink hang
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:11:38 +0100

Sorry about the double post (assuming everyone else got it as well as
me) - I though I cancelled the first post (I'd posted from an
unsubscribed address). And now sorry to Matt for the double message as
I've sent it to him rather than the list :(

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:31:04AM -0700, Ettus, Matt wrote:
> > I've tried before (and not really got anywhere) to play about with
> > decoding data signals from a scanner discriminator input. I've got a
> > nice clean POCSAG signal which I'd like to have a go at writing a
> > decoder for, but I'm not sure which parts of the source tree
> > I should be
> > taking ideas from. For a start, there seem to be two sets of
> > source and
> > sink classes, Gr*Source in src/gnu/lib/grio and and Vr*Source in
> > src/pspectra/lib/vrio - which should I be using?
>
> The Vr stuff is older, from pSpectra.  The Gr stuff is newer.  In general,
> use the Gr, unless there is no appropriate class, or if the Vr is used in
> one of the example programs.  If you ask about specific classes, I can
> suggest which to use.

I was trying to copy from some of the older example programs.
full_duplex_audio_demo.cc looks like a good candidate to work from.

> > How's the USB2 ADC coming along?
> There have been some delays outside of our control, but we should be getting
> boards on Monday.

Superb, sounds like its coming along nicely. I've just got a new
computer in the last month or so, which hopefully has a lot more
horsepower than my four-year old system. What kind of board is it, and
with what sort of component packaging (ie. is it going to be
home-constructable, or too fine tracks and components to sensibly
attempt that).

Cheers.

--
Mat