Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help running examples

From: David Carr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help running examples
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:06:08 -0500

Suvda,

You don't need either the mc4020 driver or the USRP code. Make sure that you do get the gr-audio-oss though. To get everything going, first compile and install gnuradio-core, and then gr-audio-oss. You don't need to install the examples. After you've unpacked gnuradio-examples, cd into python/audio. Here you will find some examples designed to run with sound card only. If you have problems running them, make sure to check out the section in the gnuradio-examples README reguarding your python path variable. Lastly, I'd have a look at the following examples by Chuck Swiger, they're a bit more interesting that some of the provided soundcard only examples.

http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/fm_modulation.html
http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/filtered_noise.html

Hope this helps,
David Carr

Suvda Myagmar wrote:

I've installed the gnuradio core and now I'm trying to run an example. I don't have any special hardware installed, just my PC soundcard, no antenna or A/D module. Do I need to install the other parts such as usrp library and mc4020 driver to run the basic examples? I imagined the examples have some input files that simulate the antenna part and lets you get digital output. The gnuradio-examples-0.1.tar.gz tarball doesn't seem to have any code that you can run. Can somebody help me figure out all of these? Thanks

-Suvda