Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Schedulers

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Schedulers
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:50:58 -0700

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 01:15:25AM -0500, David Carr wrote:
> Where does the GNU Radio code decide to use the
> gr_single_threaded_scheduler vs. another scheduler?  If I want to
> experiment with several schedulers on the fly, is there any way to
> easily specifiy one or the other?

In the existing code, the start method of the flow_graph class (flow_graph.py)
creates the scheduler and starts it.

The easiest way to experiment is probably to subclass flow_graph and
override the start method.  We can come up with some other way if
needed -- perhaps a callable instance variable of flow_graph that
creates the scheduler.  At the time the code was written there was
only one scheduler.

Eric