Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Query on GPS

From: Jesus Cea
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Query on GPS
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:25:45 +0100

Krzysztof Kamieniecki wrote:
Right now it looks like my software does to the demodulation and calculation of
position into xyz coordinates, I'm still looking for enough raw data to be able
to test the full position calculation.

Hi. I'm a newbie in this list, but I'm a telecom engineer and have experience in signal "soft decoding".

I just bought a GPS unit a few weeks ago and I'm very curious about the protocol. I know the basics, but I would like to know more about the PRN codes used (Gold codes) and the format of ephemerids and almanac transmissions. Basically to know enough to soft decode the satelites' signals.

I just subscribed to this mailing list and seems that people here have that kind of information. Could you possibly point me to online "deep" docs about that subject?. I'm more interested in docs that source code, BTW.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

--
Jesus Cea Avion                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
address@hidden http://www.argo.es/~jcea/ _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/