RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Query on GPS

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Query on GPS
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:33:21 -0000

We can do this I am sure.  I thank Dave and Krys for the advance
work they have been doing when not many (any?) were "listening".
If we allow the FPGA to do (carrier phase/code) (acquisition/tracking )
in a joint-detection process run on the FPGA, I believe we can do a 12
channel receiver.

In addition to this,  Brickle and I have specific interests in
Cognitive Radio usage of the USRP as a wideband front end and
likely hooking this in to a system with a narrow band SDR to
prosecute the signal in a higher dynamic range regime.  We are
extremely interested in active antenna work as well.  I would
like to be doing four channel beam steering by the time of
AMSAT-NA symposium this fall.

Bob