Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: n4hy
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:17:33 +0000

Here is <A> way to accomplish your goal:

You need to have your final sample rate be N samples per second. I will assume you want (-N/2,N/2) complex frequency.

Choose a decimation ratio in the FPGA such that the Nyquist for the decimated frequency is LARGER than or equal to N/2. Let this sample rate be M complex samples per second coming across the USB.

If it is M=N, you are done. If not, then we have more work to do. You would use the rational or fractional resampler code block to do IN SOFTWARE the rate change from M to N. (N could be fractional and then you would use fractional interpolator or resampler).

The use of the halfbands is preferred to the cascaded integrator combs (CIC) because of the flatness of the response and better group delay characteristics near the "cutoff".

I guess the point is, if you want a sample rate that is less than the high speed A/D, you can get it with the existing processing system (within reason and the ability of your computer to take in data from USB). That is the reason for our questions, we are not implying that you don't know signal processing but we are GUESSING that you didn't know you could all of this with the system as it is now.

Is this clearer on what it is you would do? It would be instructive I am sure for you to hook together the processing elements in a flow graph using python to see how the code is assembled.

Bob