Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fft scope frequent hangs

From: Dave hartzell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fft scope frequent hangs
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:37:04 -0800

I've noticed on my older iBook G4 that I have to vary the fft_rates to
as low as 3, depending on the application.

Usable, and not too bothersome.  I think PythonW and WxGUI on Mac OS X
is even slower than on Linux....

On 11/17/06, Jonathan Jacky <address@hidden> wrote:

> In fft_sink, fft_rate is the number of frames fft_sink
> attempts to draw per second.  Try adjusting it down.  There is a similar
> parameter frame_decim in scope_sink, again adjust this down until the display
> updates and the program works.

Correction -- in scope_sink, you make frame_decim *larger* to display
fewer frames, so adjust it *up* until the program works.   Or, start
at some large value like 20 or 30, then adjust it down until the program
stops working.