Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MingwInstallMain

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MingwInstallMain
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:07:37 -0500

I've got a question for the MinGW users / wiki editors.

I notice that in http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/MingwInstallMain
it says to use the --with-md-cpu=generic configure option.

Why are you specifying this option?

If you do, you'll lose all the SIMD speedups.

This comes from the recommendations in an older web page (reference not handy). I haven't found it necessary but haven't known what its impact is.

The MinGW install page is still a work in progress. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated; feel free to send them directly to Patrick Murphy <address@hidden> and myself (Don Ward <address@hidden>) if you prefer.