Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate of USRP board

From: Hans Glitsch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate of USRP board
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:34:11 -0700

Hi,

You can use decimation and a rational_resampler block.

If you really need to change the clock read this: http://www.comsec.com/wiki?USRPClockingNotes It explains how to use an external clock source with the usrp. I was able to use a 38.4MHz clock with the usrp from a signal generator. It seemed to work fine, so I bought a new 38.4MHz tcvcxo and installed it on the board.

I hope that helps you,
Hans

Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 10:00 AM
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling rate of USRP board

Hello,
I have recently purchased the USRP board and the RX daughterboard, and I have started working on them. One major factor that I need to change is the sampling rate frequency of the ADCs on USRP, I know the USRP clock is at 64MSPS and I need to reduce it to at least half of it. My question is two fold, should I decimate the digitization, or is there any other way of doing that? How difficult would be to change the clock? And can someone confirm that the USRP can accept an external clock? If yes do I need to have some hardware adjustments?

Please excuse me if I repeat an older thread, it would be nice to guide me there. I think that it might could be a good idea to have some kind of forum, with different parts dedicated to USRP.

Regards

Rigas Ioannides