Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MSB

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MSB
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:55:46 -0700

No particular fault.  However, the outputs from the USRP are almost
always some kind of complex values.  They may be encoded as 16-bit I &
Q, or 8-bit I & Q or 4-bit or 2-bit or 1-bit.  The question is how do
we want to deal with them downstream from the USRP?  The existing
usrp.source_s could be considered broken (although there are users of
it.)  The data is really interleaved 16-bit I & Q, though it's
presented as if each sample was only 16-bits wide.  In fact a "sample"
is really composed of 2 16-bit values.

Maybe we should make gr_complex_short be a typedef for complex<short> and output those.

Matt