[Discuss-gnuradio] QE: Cognitve radio network with USRP

From: Heskamp, M. \(Marnix\)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QE: Cognitve radio network with USRP
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 18:07:29 +0200

Hello,

Can someone give me some advice about building a wireless network with
USRP boxes? How difficulty is it to build a MAC layer on top of a USRP
physical layer? Has someone have experience with that? What order of
magnitude is the average latency between the moment the signal is at the
antenna and the moment you can act upon it in software?

We are considering to buy some USRPs to experiment with in our cognitive
radio project. The goal of the project is to set up a wireless network
as secondary users without interfering with primary users.

Thank you,

Marnix Heskamp