Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CIC stop band

From: Firas abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CIC stop band
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 23:19:47 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Hans,

I think you meant the frequency response of CIC+ HBF  filters. However, the USRP CIC decimation filter has 4 stages. I did MATLAB analysis for 4 stages CIC filter with decimation rate of 250 (as you requested) without the HBF. The spectrum analysis result is attached. The first plot is for entire range [0 to Fs/2]. The second one is zoomed near the interested band. You will see a huge theoretical gain (more than 190 dB) because of CIC bit growth.

Firas

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:00:24PM -0700, Hans Glitsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the stop band of the FPGA CIC filter? How do I figure out the
> attenuation at a given frequency outside my bandwidth?
>
> I'm decimating by 250.
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

It's a fourth order CIC.