Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rssi questions

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rssi questions
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:57:30 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
> For now, don't worry about getting it into dB on the FPGA.
> The representation can be manipulated on the host.

OK, so how do I get post-ADC rssi out of the USRP for any arbitrary
daughtercard?

My radio astronomy receiver could benefit from this, especially if the
RSSI is low-pass
  filtered to some degree onboard the FPGA.   Part of my host side stuff
computes
  RSSI from the samples coming from the USRP (by squaring and low-pass
filtering).

I could probably save about 20% of my CPU load if I could get that
squaring, and at least
  a first-stage low-pass filter done on the FPGA.