Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] simple question

From: Luca Dionisi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] simple question
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:57:35 +0200

On 9/13/07, Caleb Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> What's the difference between a access point and a
> >> wireless network card in a pc/laptop?
>
> For what it's worth, I think this is the most correct one:
>
> >> Or is there only a difference in what the drivers provided
> >> by the makers allow you to do?
>
> But, as Brian pointed out, this is a bit off-topic as it doesn't
> deal specifically with gnuradio.

I saw this project only recently, perhaps I'm mistaking the
real point of it.
Isn't it, among the others, that of reproducing in software
with a generic radio device the operations of more specific
devices, such as gps, tv, fm, gprs, wi-fi, remote controls,
and the like?
I thought that someone could have reproduced in software
the functioning of an access point or a wifi card.

I guess this is not the main point of the project, but a side
effect capability maybe.