Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly

From: Tim Meehan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_* not working correctly
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 07:21:29 -0700

Were either of you able to resolve this?  Any hints on where I might try to find the problem?  I spent some time digging around pkt.py.

I get similar results running svn 6504 under Debian testing (Lenny).  This was a fresh install on a clean machine.  I do not see the same problems on a similar debian machine running an older version of the trunk.

ok = False  pktno =   14  n_rcvd =    1  n_right =    0
ok = False pktno = 189 n_rcvd = 2 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 98 n_rcvd = 3 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 134 n_rcvd = 4 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 156 n_rcvd = 5 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 207 n_rcvd = 6 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 222 n_rcvd = 7 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 238 n_rcvd = 8 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 218 n_rcvd = 9 n_right = 0
ok = False pktno = 358 n_rcvd = 10 n_right = 0

On 9/20/07, Dev Ramudit <address@hidden> wrote:
Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Dev Ramudit wrote:
>
>> Hope that helps, thanks!
>
> It helps in the sense that it confirms a correct installation :)
>
> The failure symptoms are odd.  The system shows receiving five packets,
> which indicates that modulator/demodulator and framer/deframer are
> probably working correctly.
>
> The packet number is encoded at the beginning of the payload.  The fact
> that each of these is corrupted, and that the packets fail CRC check
> ("ok = False'), indicates the failure is likely happening in the
> Python-based packet handling framework.

Just to clarify, the Fedora desktop is receiving every packet in the
correct order with passed CRC, while the other computers seem to only
pick up maybe 1/20th of the sent packets and never pass the CRC check.
These computers all ran these tests correctly early last month iirc.
I'll continue to look into it.

Thanks,
Dev