Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:14:35 -0700

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:11:31AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> Actually no, I want the code that enables a single usrp to receive signals
> on two daughterboards.  Sorry about the confusion on that; I assumed the
> "multi" in the filenames was referring to multiple daughterboards, I had
> forgotten there's a multi-usrp capability as well.

The standard host and fpga code support multiple daughterboards as
long as they are sharing the same interp and decim rates.

For examples of this please take a look at

  gnuradio-examples/python/multi-antenna/*

> So, with that cleared up, can you verify which file specifically I should
> load into Quartus?  There is only one usrp_std.qpf project file in
>
> usrp/fpga/toplevel/usrp_std
>
> so it is unclear to me how to compile for the two-daughter board case as
> opposed to the single.  Do I need to configure something in the project
> file for the two-daughterboard case?

There is nothing for you to do.  The standard code supports two
daughterboards.  On the fpga it's handled via the muxes implemented in the
FPGA.  See http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpRfxDiagrams

> thanks,
> eric
>
> p.s.- on a positive note, at least my efforts to date have revealed what
> updates the multi_usrp.qsf file needs to compile!

Thanks!
Eric