[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: in-band signaling project overview

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: in-band signaling project overview
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 01:21:35 -0500 (CDT)

George-

Ok, I get it.  Sounds very promising.

A couple of quick questions:

1) What about commands (meta-data) to help deal with latency?  For example, 'if
you receive such-and-such request,
send this ACK'?

2) Does your new FPGA code require the next-gen USRP, with Spartan 3 FPGA?  My
understanding is that capacity is very
limited in the Cyclone, which is an old FPGA (around yr 2002 time-frame).

-Jeff