[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Signal reconstruction

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Signal reconstruction
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:26:27 -0800

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:18:21PM +0200, Aadil Volkwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been bashing my head for a couple of days on what should be a trivial
> process.
> I would really appreciate it if somebody could please come to my rescue.
>
> I'd like to digitise a signal, intented to be off air FM signal, but for the
> moment, i'm capturing a 50KHz sinusiod and doing the reconstruction in
> MATLAB.... to test that im capturing the samples correctly.
>
> on plotting the FFT in MATLAB, it's clear that something's a miss...I don't
> know where :/ i've been at this for ages!!!
>
> here's my code: I really hope somebody can help, I know this should be a
> simple matter. The Matlab code follows below the Python stuff.

First off, if the code below is usrp_rx_cfile.py, just say so, don't
post it.  I'm assuming that it is, and thus is a known quantity.

The easiest way to get complex binary samples into octave (or
matlab) is to use the existing tools.

Set your matlab/octave path so that it'll look in gnuradio-core/src/utils

Then use:

>>> data = read_complex_binary('myfile.dat', 1e6);

which will read the first million complex samples in.

Eric