Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio based ETSI DVB-T Transmitter works. Than

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio based ETSI DVB-T Transmitter works. Thanks to everybody for precious help!
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:14:04 +0100

Vincenzo Pellegrini wrote:

Hi everybody,
I would like to say thanks to Eric, Firas, Matt, Achilleas and to the other guys from the list from which I received an incredibly precious help. My draft ETSI DVB-T transmitter works fine.. (It's gonna be the subject of my final thesis here @ Pisa University) the code is not yet clean, and I'm still far from real-time, but the signal is pretty good.. and carries its 11.612 Mbps flawlessly.

The work I still have to do is improving the code, and making it more efficient, then, if this project might be of some relevance to the community, I'll start a proper procedure for contributing it to gnuradio.
Yes please start this procedure.
Even if you do not have time to clean-up or improve the code it could be very usefull for the community if you made it available somewhere on the internet.

there are two videos showing how things go so far @
http://wwvince.interfree.it/11.3Mbps
http://wwvince.interfree.it/video2 <http://wwvince.interfree.it/video2>
they're h264, VLC is fine with them

I still got one problem, the mpeg ts I'm using as the input to my system is a dump from a commercial transmission on the air here in italy, and it is meant for a 24Mbps channel, so RX buffer tipically has underruns as my channel only carries 11.612. Does anybody know of any open source DVB multiplexer (capable of writing also the NIT) that I could use to set up a mux at the right bitrate?

http://linuxtv.org/projects.php
MPEG2 multiplexer

An ISO-13818 compliant multiplexer for generating MPEG2 transport and program streams, developed and maintained by Oskar Schirmer. The TS multiplexer is able to run continously, with dynamically adjustable input streams for live broadcast.
Visit the MPEG2 multiplexer project page at:
http://www.scara.com/~schirmer/o/mplex13818/

Greetings,

Martin Dudok van Heel

best regards