[Discuss-gnuradio] Doubt about benchmark_rx and benchmark_tx

From: NCSU
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doubt about benchmark_rx and benchmark_tx
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:50:42 -0800 (PST)

We are trying to install USRP and set it up to transmit and receive packets.
We are novices at this. We are trying to use benchmark_tx.py and
benchmark_rx.py. We have Flex2400 daughter boards mounted on the
motherboard. We have two such boards connected to two different computers.
We are following the procedure given in the README file but we are not able
to receive anything using the benchmark_rx.py file.

Our command line arguments are:
TX:  ./benchmark_tx.py -f 2.4G  -v --discontinuous

RX: /benchmark_rx.py -f 2.4G --rx-gain=90  -v

We confirmed that the Tx was transmitting some packets. We also tried
sending our own packets and this was also transmitted by the TX. However
there was no reaction from the RX side other than the verbose arguments
being printed. The callback function is not called at all which suggests
that the no packets are received. We checked the transmitted spectrum using
usrp_fft.py and we were able to detect the transmitted signal spectrum in
the graph. This was visible only when a valid transmission was going on,
thus confirming that the TX seems to be working fine.

What are we doing wrong? Should we do something in RX to receive this
signal/packet. Also we are using antennas and not a cable.