Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: mblock make failure under Cygwin

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: mblock make failure under Cygwin
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 19:45:50 -0400

Steven Clark wrote:

It looks like you are missing a patch (attachment:"makefiles6975.patch,
listed on the Cywin wiki page) needed to include the mblock library in the
link of qa_inband_usrp_server.

-- Don W.

Thanks for the reply. I did in fact try to apply both patches that are
mentioned on the page, but I think I may have done so incorrectly:

address@hidden ~/gnuradio
$ patch -p0 -b -i makefiles-3.1.2.patch
The next patch would create the file bootstrap,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n] y
patching file bootstrap
Patch attempted to create file bootstrap, which already exists.
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file bootstrap.rej
patching file Makefile.common

This patch is needed for the 3.1.2 release, not for the svn version.

address@hidden ~/gnuradio
$ patch -p0 -b -i makefiles6975.patch
patching file usrp/host/lib/inband/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 succeeded at 63 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 104.
usrp/host/lib/inband/Makefile.am.rej
patching file Makefile.common
Hunk #1 FAILED at 67.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.common.rej
patching file mblock/src/lib/Makefile.am
Hunk #1 succeeded at 131 (offset 1 line).

Eric is correct; this patch worked at svn revision 6975, but doesn't work now because of updates to the trunk. But if you look at the listing of the patch, you can see that it adds three lines to usrp/host/lib/inband/Makefile.am, one of which has been added in the trunk since the patch was developed. The quickest solution is to edit the file by hand to include lines added by the patch. I should get around to producing an updated patch in a day or two.

-- Don W.