[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: oprofile callgraph question

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: oprofile callgraph question
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:36:13 +0200

Mikyung Han wrote am 2008-06-21 00:03:
Thanks eric,
Well, yes it will be helpful to have better symbol names,
but the core problem is doing callgraph.
Is there a way that I can figure out .loop and .loop2 is called?

How do I know that gr_fit_xxx.cc, gr_fir_filter_xxx.cc calls .loop and
.loop2?

There is some option to let oprofile comment the code with the statistics numbers. Then you can 'grep' over the tree, find all calls and compare the call statistics for each of them. From the context it might be easier to find the right called object if names collide.

That's how I did it, but I just played with it a little, and that was 2 years ago.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>