[Discuss-gnuradio] Are 64-bit machines a concern for GNUradio installati

From: JUAN LARA AMBEL
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Are 64-bit machines a concern for GNUradio installation?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:49:41 +0200

Hello,

after successfully playing around for a while with USRP and GNU (amazing tools)
and developing some modules by my own, now I've moved to
a more powerful PC: a 64-bit Quad Core machine. But now I cannot install
properly GNUradio and when trying to build e.g the BBN patches just prints out:
"*** No rule to make target `/swig/gnuradio.i', needed by `bbn.cc'.  Stop."

This didn't happen before. I believe having followed all the installation rules
and I'm still puzzled about the reason behind. Now I suspect about whether
this has something to do with the fact of running GNUradio on top of a 64-bit
machine.

So, my question is: there some specific installation/ configuration option to
be followed for GNUradio in Linux / 64-bits computers?

Might someone that had similar problems give me some advice on this?

Many thanks,

Ps. my system coordinates are: Linux Kaleidoscope 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed
Aug 20 17:53:40 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

- Juan