[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: forced GPL in CGRAN? gr-ucla code in BBN repo not

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: forced GPL in CGRAN? gr-ucla code in BBN repo not GPL?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:37:54 -0400

  I request that anybody that has questions or comments about any of
  this first take the time to read the text of the GPL and the
  compliance guide before posting (links at the top).  It'll save us all
  a lot of time.

Fair enough, but two observations:

  my memory is that GNU Radio switching to GPLv3 happened long after all
  the gr-ucla code was written.

  the exact boundaries of derived work is not a settled question

All that said, I agree with your points about mixed licensing being
awkward at best.