[Discuss-gnuradio] inband signaling and m-blocks

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband signaling and m-blocks
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:29:47 -0400

Hi,

I have a couple of basic questions regarding USRP inband signaling and m-blocks.

1) Should these two be used together, or are they separate, eg, can i use inband signaling with standard blocks?

2) There is a brief description of inband signling in the trank; is there a simple example that i can look up to see how it works in practice.

I have in mind something really simple: I want to build a transmitter that transmits a sinusoid or nothing in PRECICELY specified time intervals; thus my interest in inband signaling. When I understand how to do that I want to build a frequency hopping transmitter/receiver...

Thanks
Achilleas