Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Failed to set RF frequency

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Failed to set RF frequency
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:55:47 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
<address@hidden> wrote:

> There is no distinict pattern. How I am working it out currently is;
> when the error apears, I turn the USRP off and turn it on again. In that
> case, it works mostly. But, I was wondering if there is some way to
> solve this error permanently.

If the same command sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, with no
other changes, and power cycling the hardware improves things, then
it's a good chance you have a hardware issue.  In the past I have
encountered frequency setting issues when the daughterboards weren't
fully seated in the motherboard connectors securely, causing
intermittent connections to some daughterboard signals.

-Johnathan