[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_wfm_rcv.py and audio underrun aUaUaU

From: Mikael Johansson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_wfm_rcv.py and audio underrun aUaUaU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:59:51 +0100

I am having a problem with audio underruns when running usrp_wfm_rcv.py
I constantly get audio underruns. I have tried the "-O plughw:0,0" option suggested on this or some other list to overcome this problem, but it does not help.
When I reduce usrp_decim from 200 to about 184 the underruns go away, this I guess indicates that the issue is not related to the USRP or the USB interface as this will mean that more data is sent to the host.

The host is a powerful Pentium 2.4(running below 100% cpu load), platform is Fedora 10/GNURadio 3.1.3.

Could somebody please give me a hint on how to debug this issue further.

Thanks in advance
/Mikael