Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filterbank stuff

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filterbank stuff
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:59:25 -0500

Bob McGwier wrote:
> PLEASE do yourself a favor and look at WSJT by Joe Taylor.  This guy
> has years and years and years of experience doing this.  He has
> studied the problem absolutely to the n-th degree.  His system is
> really beautifully done.  And,  you know he isn't a nut case because
> he won the Nobel prize for physics proving observational evidence for
> General Relativity by discovering and observing certain types of radio
> emission pulsars.  The only thing that has ever caused me to doubt his
> sanity was his taking the job of Dean of Faculty at Princeton for
> seven years!
>
> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob.

I'd actually looked at JT65 a few years back, and had forgotten about
it.  Doh!

I'm looking into this for a friend who wants to use his USRP2 for EME.
I'll see if I can do something JT65-like (or exactly that!)
  in Gnu Radio.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium