[Discuss-gnuradio] Question on gr.wavfile_source

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on gr.wavfile_source
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:49:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I'm trying to transmit a wave file using gr.wavfile_source(). To test my
transmission path, I first transmit a sine wave, and I can receive it and
sink it to sound card fine. I can hear the sound at the receiver side.
However, if I change the source using gr.wavfile_source(), I can hear
nothing at the receiver side but noise. Here is the my tx_path below.

        dac_rate = 128e6
        usrp_interp = 500
        self.u = usrp.sink_c (0, usrp_interp)
        self.u.set_interp_rate(usrp_interp)
        usrp_rate = dac_rate / usrp_interp           # 256 kS/s

        #src = gr.sig_source_f (32e3, gr.GR_SIN_WAVE, 440, 1)  #--I can hear
it at the receiver side
        src = gr.wavfile_source('test.wav', False) #--nothing can be heard
at the receiver side

        interp_taps = optfir.low_pass (8,           # gain
                                            usrp_rate,   # sampling rate
                                            8e3,        # passband cutoff
8e3
                                            12e3,       # stopband cutoff
12e3
                                            1.0,         # passband ripple
                                            60)          # stopband
attenuation
        print 'len(interp_taps)',len(interp_taps)
        self.interpolator = gr.interp_fir_filter_fff (8, interp_taps)
        gain = gr.multiply_const_ff(200)
        f2c = gr.float_to_complex()
        self.connect (src,self.interpolator,gain, f2c, self.u)