Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HELP: about Building wxPython in Cygwin

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HELP: about Building wxPython in Cygwin
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:06:05 -0400

"Li 美文" <address@hidden> wrote:

Thank for your help...
Yes, it can works.  But, When setp (9) Build wxPython:

cd $WXDIR/wxPython
python setup.py build_ext --inplace WXPORT=msw COMPILER=cygwin BUILD_GLCANVAS=0 BUILD_GIZMOS=0 UNICODE=0

I get following  error message....
What can I do?

address@hidden /usr/src/wxPython-src-2.8.10.1/wxPython
$ python setup.py build_ext --inplace WXPORT=msw BUILD_GLCANVAS=0 BUILD_GIZMOS=0 UNICODE=0

src/helpers.cpp: In member function `void wxPyInputStream::seek(int, int)':
src/helpers.cpp:1340: error: `m_wxis' undeclared (first use this function)
src/helpers.cpp:1341: error: `wxSeekMode' undeclared (first use this function)
src/helpers.cpp: In member function `int wxPyInputStream::tell()':
src/helpers.cpp:1345: error: `m_wxis' undeclared (first use this function)
src/helpers.cpp: In constructor `wxPyCBInputStream::wxPyCBInputStream(PyObject*,
PyObject*, PyObject*, bool)':
src/helpers.cpp:1354: error: class `wxPyCBInputStream' does not have any field n
amed `wxInputStream'
src/helpers.cpp: At global scope:
src/helpers.cpp:1410: error: `wxFileOffset' does not name a type
. . .

Did you include COMPILER=cygwin in your command (I don't see it in the listing above)?

There are a lot of errors here, and I don't know what caused them. You may need to do your own debugging. (To get you started, it looks like m_wxis is defined in pyistream.h, which is included in helpers.cpp.) Or you might start with a new download, in case one or more files got corrupted.

I didn't get these errors when I built wxPython 2.8.10.1 on Cygwin, but it is possible that you are using newer compilers or other Cygwin components.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

-- Don W.