The question: Has anyone gotten benchmark_tx.py (or tunnel.py) to work from USRP2 to USRP1?
I have built a fairly in-depth CSMA/CA MAC on top of the simple carrier sensing in 'tunnel.py' to test the performance in some protocol variations. My setup works great with the USRP1s which I designed on. The problem is we ordered a USRP2 in edition to the 3 USRP1's we have and I've had no luck getting it to work with the rest. I am using RFX2400 d'boards.
The problem is packets sent by USRP2 are either not received at all by the USRP1 or occasionally received but with bit errors. The USRP2 IS able to receive USRP1 packets using DBPSK at 100Kbps successfully. I have tried different rates making sure both give the same actual bitrate using the verbose option. I set tx-amplitude=0.05.
I am using the 3.2.2 release, but have also tried the benchmark_tx/rx2.py using 'dbpsk2' in the developers branch with no luck.